This unique two day dissection course will involve the use of formalin fixed cadavers using standard embalming method carried out by the department of anatomy of the University of Amsterdam. Each day will start with a short presentation before moving into the dissection room where under the guidance of functional and clinical anatomist Karl Jacobs you will perform dissection on the upper extremity in pairs.
Hereby we provide an opportunity to investigate areas of the participant’s own interest, resulting in a situation where each participant will have his own cadaver part. During the day, participants are asked to show their work (dissection) to the other participants creating a peer teaching opportunity where everyone can learn from each other. There will be plenty of time for questions and personal enquiry. This is a unique opportunity to explore the human anatomy in its 3D form and shape, we will do all we can to support you and make this an unforgettable and unique educational experience where you:
- Explore the presence of the continuity of fascia throughout the human body
- Expand your perception of the 3D relations in joints, muscle and nerves.
- Understand the spatial patterning of structure and the importance of the tissue separating and connecting these structures, providing an environment where movement and stability is obtained.
- Witness all fascinating features that the human body hides in itself
- 08:30 - 09:00: Registration with coffee and tea