At Movement Assessment Technologies, we love MOVEMENT ASSESSMENT, the LATEST RESEARCH and OBJECTIVE DATA. We love it so much that we’ve combined these three things together to bring you our world-leading courses and our own Movement Assessment Tool - The MAT. Over the past two years since it’s inception, MAT has run courses in 21 countries, helping 3500+ health and fitness professionals from over 10 different professions bridge the gap between pain and performance, improving their movement assessment, treatment and training skills.
Movement Assessment Technologies and The MAT is the brainchild of Andrew Lemon and Stephen King following their own struggles in practice. Feeling like they were guessing with their movement assessment and struggling to objectively track progression in their patient and client management plans over time, The MAT was born to solve this problem!
Quickly they learnt that this struggle was common to therapists and trainers all around the world. With Universities and higher education institutes often being very slow to implement the latest evidence and assessments into their curriculum, therapists and trainers are often left with out of date knowledge on how to best help their patients and clients. Movement Assessment Technologies steps in to change this providing cutting edge learning products and innovation with the MAT currently being integrated into research projects in 7 Universities worldwide.
We are proud to say that we are now the number one educational provider in the world for evidence-based, objective movement assessment and rehabilitation. Our courses provide you with a structured approach to patient and client management, incorporating the latest research on movement analysis, pain and neuroscience helping you improve the treatment or performance outcomes of those you work with so they can get back to what they need, want and love to do.
In our courses, we’re going to help you bridge the gap between traditional orthopaedic assessments that you’re currently using in your practice and the functional movements that are performed by your patients every day to achieve their individual goals with the MAT.
Movement Assessment Technologies
MAT Functional Assessment Course
The MAT Functional Assessment Course bridges the gap between traditional orthopaedic assessments and functional movements that are performed by your patients during their daily activities. This course covers the latest evidence based functional movement strategies and assessments on the MAT (Movement Assessment Tool) to help you set movement baselines, calculate injury risk and track treatment progression over time to help you improve your practice and clinical decision making skills.
You will learn:
- 10+ MAT assessments for the lower limb, spine and upper limb that will help you improve your patient assessment forever starting the very next day.
- How The MAT will provide you a massive POINT OF DIFFERENCE from other therapists and trainers, showing your patients that you are a cutting edge, evidence-based practitioner.
- How to use the MAT to SET BASELINE MEASUREMENTS to track progression of your patients over time to help ensure that they reach their goals.
- The LATEST EVIDENCE around movement assessment + rehabilitation.
- How The MAT can help you take the guess work out of determining when your patients or athletes can have the best chance of RETURNING TO SPORT safely.
- How using the MAT can help you INCREASE BUY IN to your management plan, improving your patient’s outcome and INCREASING YOUR REBOOKINGS + REVENUE.
- How The MAT can help you determine whether your treatment or management plan is effective for your individual patient.
- How to MEASURE all 3-DIMENSIONS of any movement in a way you have never been able to before and revitalise your practice.
MAT Functional Treatment & Training Course
The MAT Functional Treatment + Training Course course is the ultimate game changer for health and movement professionals. We will help you integrate the latest knowledge from movement, neuroscience and pain science fields to fill gaps in rehabilitation education as taught by higher institutions.
For too long health and movement professionals have looked at body parts in isolation without considering how we integrate as a whole in movement. In this course, we will show you how to break any task down into the 8 fundamental movements we all perform daily whilst providing you with principles, strategies and an evidence based template to create movement capacity (strength, stamina etc), movement competency (skill) and movement variability (different angles, heights, distances, loads, speed etc) to rehabilitate your patients and clients and bridge the gap between injury and performance.
You will learn:
- Learn a new Treatment + Training paradigm to help you take patients and clients from pain and DYSFUNCTION TO PERFORMANCE.
- How to use the latest PAIN SCIENCE research to help you manage those difficult patients more effectively.
- To build Movement CAPACITY (eg: strength, power, endurance) Movement COMPETENCY (skill & efficiency) Movement VARIABILITY and VARIETY (different angles, speeds, loads) and Movement CONFIDENCE in your patients and clients to ensure they are able to complete their individual needs, wants and goals.
- Create expert rehabilitation plans using the 8 key fundamental movements (walking/running, squatting, lunging, reaching, lifting, jumping pushing and pulling) so you can individually tailor your rehab plans to your patients and clients. No more generic exercises. No more 3×10 exercise prescription.
- Learn how to manipulate any movement with 10 key movement variables such as (load, speed, position, distance etc) to create 1000’s of new exercises to expand your exercise library and decrease boredom with your exercise prescription.
- How to use the 10 principles of NEUROPLASTICITY to create meaningful changes in your patient’s and client’s rehab plans to help make these changes more permanent.
Why do our Functional Assessment, Treatment + Training Courses?
- To learn how to incorporate the latest thinking in PAIN and NEUROSCIENCE into your assessment and get better outcomes with patients or clients in pain.
- To DEVELOP MORE CONFIDENCE in determining when your patient or athlete has a potential risk of injury and when they can return to work or sport safely.
- To give you a unique POINT OF DIFFERENCE in your practice, which will help you INCREASE PATIENT NUMBERS, IMPROVE REBOOKING RATES and INCREASE YOUR BOTTOM LINE.
- To learn how to use the MAT to help you set meaningful SMART goal driven rehabilitation programs to INCREASE PATIENT SATISFACTION and IMPROVE PATIENT AND CLIENT OUTCOMES.
- To help you INCREASE BUY-IN and ADHERENCE to your home exercise and rehabilitation plans, which plays a major factor in a successful long-term outcome.
This course is suitable for:
- Health + Fitness professionals such as:
- Sports Therapists
- Remedial Massage Therapists
- Exercise physiologists
- Personal Trainer
- Athletic Trainers
Duration: 14 Hours of high quality practical CPD that you can incorporate into your practice the very next day!