The language and logic of pain
At first glance, the discussion around the language used in pain science and medicine may appear as merely "semantics", however, some will be surprised that it is the core of this scientific discipline and practice.
In this webinar, Asaf Weisman will guide you through the problematic scientific language around the unpleasant somatic experience humans call "Pain".
The lecture will cover Basic science, philosophical and linguistic problems such as:
- Nociception and pain - What is the difference?
- Pain, a sensation, or a perception?
- What is an experience?
- What is the mind?
- What is consciousness?
- Why does your brain not make decisions for you
- Why the future of pain relief is in biology
- To understand how our language influences and also confound our perceptions and understanding of pain.
- To realize that pain is not a "thing"
- To acquire basic skills to navigate the problematic literature and professional language of pain science and medicine.
Who is the presenter?
Asaf is a Ph.D. candidate and the lab manager at the Spinal Research Laboratory at Tel-Aviv University under Prof. Youssef Masharawi. Asaf has 2 decades of clinical experience as a Physiotherapist. In his research in Musculoskeletal medicine, Spinal morphometry, biomechanics, pain, and chronic pain, Asaf combines his passion and knowledge of philosophy.
The webinar has been accredited by Kwaliteitshuis Fysiotherapie (KNGF and Keurmerk) and PQK.
07 June 2023
- Asaf Weisman
In request (Pro-Q-Kine)3 points (Kwaliteitshuis Fysiotherapie Vakinhoudelijk algemeen)3 points (Kwaliteitshuis Fysiotherapie Sportfysiotherapie)3 points (Kwaliteitshuis Fysiotherapie Manueelfysiotherapie)3 points (Kwaliteitshuis Fysiotherapie Psychosomatische fysiotherapie)3 points (Kwaliteitshuis Fysiotherapie Bekkenfysiotherapie)In request (Pro-Q-Kine Manuele therapie)