17 September 2022 (2 days)
- 17-09-2022: 09:00 - 17:30
- 18-09-2022: 09:00 - 17:30
- REV Antwerpen
- Tim Gabbett
This workshop bridges the gap between theory and practice. Participants will gain hands-on experience monitoring training loads, designing session and weekly training plans, and providing training programs to meet the needs of athletes and patients. Presented in a small group setting, the workshop promotes interaction, discussion and Q&A. Whether you are an experienced practitioner or simply want to gain some practical ideas to implement in your clinic, this workshop will help you “build a training program from the ground up”!
Dr. Tim Gabbett has forged a career working with elite professional athletes while also publishing his research in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
Learning Objectives and Goals:
Upon successful completion of this course, the practitioner will:
* Understand the difference between acute and chronic workloads.
* Demonstrate the importance of high chronic workloads in protecting against injury.
* Understand how to calculate and apply the acute:chronic workload ratio to safely progress athlete workloads.
* Gain an understanding of the factors that protect against "spikes" in workload.
* Develop return to train, play, and 'compete' plans.
* Understand how to identify the 'worst-case scenario' and prepare players for these demands. * Understand how to individualize aerobic training programs.
- 00:00 - 00:00: Registration with coffee and tea