25 November 2023 (2 days)
- 25-11-2023: 09:00 - 17:30
- 26-11-2023: 09:00 - 17:30
- Het Sieraad
- Mike Stewart MSc
12 points (KRF-NL Algemeen Fysiotherapeut)12 points (KRF-NL Manueeltherapeut)15 points (Stichting Keurmerk Fysiotherapie)24 points (Pro-Q-Kine)
The challenge of successfully managing persistent pain can be one of the most daunting for both clinicians and people in pain who are often frustrated after failed short-term interventions. It is often difficult to understand and explain high and prolonged levels of pain where a traditional tissue based cause is lacking.
This course explores a cutting edge, patient centered approach using a variety of practical learning methods to help your patients make sense and overcome their pain. It provides a range of practical applications and innovative learning methods to take into your clinic for immediate results.
The course content blends a wide range of contemporary evidence from both educational and healthcare literature. Know Pain courses have been taught in over fifteen countries and have provided a wide range of clinicians around the world with practical skills.
Feedback from over 700 people who have attended Know Pain courses has shown that 100% would recommend a Know Pain course to their colleagues, whilst 95% felt more confident when helping people to overcome pain.
This 2 day practical course is relevant to anyone who works with people in pain.
This course will help you develop a range of engaging, practical skills so that you can help people make sense of pain and overcome it. You will learn ways to apply practical solutions to everyday clinical challenges.
- Help people to feel believed by understanding the relationship between pain, perception & behaviour change without them thinking that it’s “all in their head!”
- Learn ways to combine a biopsychosocial approach with your manual therapy and exercise therapy skills.
- Learn creative ways to help people make sense of pain by using interactive experiments involving taste, touch and hearing!
- Become a better teacher. Guide people who become stuck, empower people who feel hopeless, and engage people who feel bored.
- Optimise patient education by expanding your teaching toolkit & applying educational theories to your practice.
- Develop empathy and build therapeutic connections through an evidence-based awareness of what people in pain want from healthcare professionals.
- Help people to express their experience of living with pain through a range of engaging and empowering communication skills.
- Explore the role of metaphors in healthcare and understand the hidden impact of language on clinical outcomes.
- Integrate practical psychological treatment skills into your rehabilitation by exploring motivational interviewing, cognitive-behavioural therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, mindfulness and cognitive bias modification.
- Explore a variety of patient case studies that give you the opportunity to use what you have learnt before returning to your clinic.
- 08:45 - 09:00: Coffee and Tea
- 09:00 - 11:00: The Language of Pain
- 11:00 - 11:15: Break with coffee and tea
- 11:15 - 12:30: Pain & the affective mind (part 1)
- 12:30 - 13:15: Lunch
- 13:15 - 14:45: Pain & the affective mind (part 2)
- 14:45 - 15:00: Break with coffee and tea
- 15:00 - 15:45: Resuming Pain & the affective mind (part 2)
- 15:45 - 17:30: Case studies
- 17:30 - 18:00: End course