25 November 2023 (2 days)
- 25-11-2023: 09:00 - 17:30
- 26-11-2023: 09:00 - 17:30
- De Roos
- Mike Stewart MSc
24 points (Pro-Q-Kine)15 points (Kwaliteitshuis Fysiotherapie Vakinhoudelijk algemeen)15 points (Kwaliteitshuis Fysiotherapie Manueelfysiotherapie)30 points (Pro-Q-Kine Manuele therapie)
The challenge of successfully managing persistent pain can be one of the most daunting for both clinicians and people in pain who are often frustrated after failed short-term interventions. It is often difficult to understand and explain high and prolonged levels of pain where a traditional tissue based cause is lacking.
This course explores a cutting edge, patient centered approach using a variety of practical learning methods to help your patients make sense and overcome their pain. It provides a range of practical applications and innovative learning methods to take into your clinic for immediate results.
The course content blends a wide range of contemporary evidence from both educational and healthcare literature. Know Pain courses have been taught in over fifteen countries and have provided a wide range of clinicians around the world with practical skills.
Feedback from over 700 people who have attended Know Pain courses has shown that 100% would recommend a Know Pain course to their colleagues, whilst 95% felt more confident when helping people to overcome pain.
This 2 day practical course is relevant to anyone who works with people in pain.
This course will help you develop a range of engaging, practical skills so that you can help people make sense of pain and overcome it. You will learn ways to apply practical solutions to everyday clinical challenges.
- Help people to feel believed by understanding the relationship between pain, perception & behaviour change without them thinking that it’s “all in their head!”
- Learn ways to combine a biopsychosocial approach with your manual therapy and exercise therapy skills.
- Learn creative ways to help people make sense of pain by using interactive experiments involving taste, touch and hearing!
- Become a better teacher. Guide people who become stuck, empower people who feel hopeless, and engage people who feel bored.
- Optimise patient education by expanding your teaching toolkit & applying educational theories to your practice.
- Develop empathy and build therapeutic connections through an evidence-based awareness of what people in pain want from healthcare professionals.
- Help people to express their experience of living with pain through a range of engaging and empowering communication skills.
- Explore the role of metaphors in healthcare and understand the hidden impact of language on clinical outcomes.
- Integrate practical psychological treatment skills into your rehabilitation by exploring motivational interviewing, cognitive-behavioural therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, mindfulness and cognitive bias modification.
- Explore a variety of patient case studies that give you the opportunity to use what you have learnt before returning to your clinic.
- 08:45 - 09:00: Coffee and Tea
- 09:00 - 11:00: The Language of Pain
- 11:00 - 11:15: Break with coffee and tea
- 11:15 - 12:30: Pain & the affective mind (part 1)
- 12:30 - 13:15: Lunch
- 13:15 - 14:45: Pain & the affective mind (part 2)
- 14:45 - 15:00: Break with coffee and tea
- 15:00 - 15:45: Resuming Pain & the affective mind (part 2)
- 15:45 - 17:30: Case studies
- 17:30 - 18:00: End course