23 October 2021 (2 days)
- 23-10-2021: 09:00 - 17:30
- 24-10-2021: 09:00 - 15:00
- Jana Vesela
This course is designed to introduce DNS principles as it relates to exercise and fitness training. Target audience: Clinicians, trainers, coaches, body work therapists, exercise physiologists & kinesiologists.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic principles of developmental kinesiology.
- Describe the relationship between development during the first year of life and dysfunction of the locomotor system in adulthood.
- Discuss and demonstrate the basis of human movement: support, stepping forward, the biomechanics of motor function, the verticalization process & functional joint centration in postural development.
- Evaluate and correct poor respiratory patterns.
- Assess the integrated stabilizing system of the spine both visually and utilizing dynamic functional tests.
- Integrate corrective exercises based on the DNS functional tests and developmental positions in supine, prone, low kneeling, oblique sit, and quadruped global movements.
- Demonstrate how DNS corrective exercises can be integrated with other exercise strategies.
- 08:30 - 09:00: Registration with coffee and tea