Robert Schleip MA PhD directs the Fascia Research Project at Ulm University, Germany and is Research Director of the European Rolfing Association. He is a certified Rolfing Instructor and Feldenkrais teacher. He is author and co-editor of several books and has written numerous research articles.
For his discovery of active contractile properties in fascial tissues he was awarded the prestigious Vladimir Janda Award for Musculoskeletal Medicine. He was co-initiator and organiser of the first Fascia Research Congress held in Boston, USA in 2007.
Dr. biol. hum. Dipl. Psych. Robert Schleip
• PhD in human biology with summa cum laude, Ulm University 2006
• MA in psychology, University of Heidelberg, 1980
• Certified Rolfer®, certified in 1978, being the first German Rolfer at the time
• Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner®, certified 1987
• Director, Fascia Research Project, Universität Ulm
• Research Director of the European Rolfing Association
• Faculty member of the Rolf Institute, Boulder, Colorado and of the European Rolfing
• Director of Deutsche Gesellschaft für Myofascial Release (DGMR)
• Director of Somatics Academy
• Board member of Ida P. Rolf Research Foundation
• Vladmir Janda Award for Musculoskeletal Medicine