We've moved our popular Physio Bikefit professional development online, making it available to all practitioners and bike fitters - irrespective of where you're based.
Being available on demand means you can study when it suits you - plus, you get to connect with our broader Physio Bikefit community. Start or develop your Bikefit career now with our free lecture and upcoming courses.
We've released a new date for the Levels 1 & 2 course, which will be run in a video lecture and live online workshop format.
- Physio Bikefit content and learning outcomes remain the same as in-person.
- Learn from two of the best in the industry - Paul Visentini & Dr Rodrigo Bini.
- Prof. development credits from International Bike Fitting Institute and APA, KRF-NL, Pro-Q-Kine, en Keurmerk.
- No need to travel - open to participants globally.
What's included in Physio Bike Fit Level 1/2
9 pre-recorded lectures of between 45-60 minute each
2 live & pre-recorded practical workshops including Q&As (approx. 2 hours each)
PDF of lecture notes including Physio Bikefit templates and Equipment lists.
Access to the Physio BikeFit Facebook community.
Access to free resources & lectures through Physiosports Education.
3 STEPS TO COMPLETE LEVEL 1 & 2
- Register for the online course.
- Complete the course lectures and modules in your own time.
- Attend the live workshop series - October.
See below for further information.
WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE
Physio Bikefit Online | Levels 1 & 2
YOUR ONLINE COURSE INCLUDES
- 9 x lectures and other content from Paul Visentini and Dr Rodrigo Bini.
- 2 x live workshops including Physio Bikefit practical, case studies and Q&A.
- Level 1 & 2 Workbook.
- Practical tools to use in your practice.
- Certificate provided following course completion.
- IBFI accreditation and APA PD points, KRF-NL, Pro-Q-Kine, and Keurmerk available.
PHYSIO BIKEFIT | COURSE PRELUDE
- Workbook, video lectures and course materials available from 1 May 2021.
- Familiarise yourself with the bike, parts and bike fit terminology.
- Many measures will be shown in the Physio Bikefit lecture; feel free to practice/try these - and bring any questions/thoughts to the live workshops.
- Use the Physio Bikefit Checklist provided for guidance.
- Click here to view the full lecture, module and workshop schedule.
LIVE ONLINE WORKSHOP DATES
- To complete your course, attend the live online workshop on September 17th 2022
Science Of Cycling – Physio Bikefit & Injury Prevention
We bring you the world’s leading educational platform into cycling injuries and their management. As the popularity of cycling grows, the scope of bike fitting objectives become more critical, and injury management experts will be increasingly called upon to guide treatment and prevention.
A Physio Bikefit course presents a clinical framework for bike set-up practitioners - an immersion into Physio Bikefit methodology, body assessment, rehabilitation, biomechanics and a review of current scientific literature. There is ample time allocated for hands-on, practical learning; and pre-course bike rides are encouraged.
At the end of your course, you will have an enhanced ability to assess the cycling body, rehabilitate and load manage. You will learn how to fit the bike to the cyclist's body to rule out bike fit as a problem source and have a working knowledge of current cycling science.
Lecture 1 | 45 minutes
Epidemiology of Cycling Injury
Systematic Review of Risk Factors for Overuse Injury
Lecture 2 | 60 minutes
Biomechanics of Cycling
Lecture 3 | 60 minutes
Mastering Cycling Load
The Cycling Kinetic Chain
Lecture 4 | 60 minutes
Physio Bikefit – Theory
Lecture 5 (Workshop 1)
Interview & Body Assessment - Part 1
Live Workshop 1 | 120 minutes
Physio Bikefit Workshop
Presented by Paul Visentini and Rodrigo Bini
Friday October 29th 2021
Recorded copy available
Lecture 6 | 60 minutes
A Model for Overuse Injury in Cycling (60mins)
Rehabilitation Principles in Cycling Injury
Lecture 7 | 45 minutets
Cycling Body Ax - Part 2
Lecture 8 | 30 minutes
The Squat Masterclass
Lecture 9 | 30 minutes
Complex Rehabilitation Theory
Cycling Body Ax - Part 3
Live Workshop 2 | 120 minutes
Cycling Body Part 2 & 3 + Q&A Session
Presented by Paul Visentini
Saturday September 17th 2022
Recorded copy available
Physio Bike Fit Level 3/4
Our L3-4 course is the perfect extension to the L1-2 course you have previously undertaken. Whilst L1-2 gives the basic tools to assess the body and the bike in cycling, allowing you to initiate the development of your Physio BikeFit practice, L3-4 begins to drill down to more complex analysis and assessment of BikeFit related components. A review of the L1-2 content initiates the L3-4, with a practice and discussion of the basic BikeFit. We then address the contact points looking at the evidence base around their assessment and management, the biomechanics and functional anatomy that may influence, and finish with a clear mechanism for decision making in fitting at the (a) seat, (b) pedals/shoes and (c) bars. We look at different bike styles and related fit, and most importantly develop our problem solving ability in Physio BikeFit.
Designed to progress you to the next stage and give you confidence in your management of cyclists and cycling injury.
Take your career to the next level with our new course. Held in person. This course will introduce new material and build on skills developed in Level 1 & 2.
Certification credits from the International Bike Fitting Institute apply. APA PD points apply.
What's included in Level 3/4
2 day in-person course.
A PDF & hard copy of the L3-4 manual.
A review of your L1-2 basics.
Access to the L1-2 online course - regardless of when you undertook L1-2.
Mainly hands-on practical components & problem solving.
Take home knowledge of saddle, shoe and bars interface Bikefit.
To complete L1-4 as one unit - you will need to:
1. Complete the L1-2 lectures in order
2. Complete workshops 1 & 2 – either live or recorded*
3. Attend the in person 2 day L3-4 course in Melbourne, Australia
4. Complete the L 3-4 quiz and feedback form
5. On successful completion we will issue you a Physiosports Physio Bikefit Level 1-4 certificate
*If you choose to watch a recorded session you are still welcome to attend the live workshop.
- 09:00 - 09:30: Registration with coffee and tea