26 November 2022 (2 days)
- 26-11-2022: 09:00 - 17:30
- 27-11-2022: 09:00 - 17:30
- Het Sieraad
- Michael Watson
15 points (Stichting Keurmerk Fysiotherapie)
This course examines the spine as a tensegrity truss – how the bones float within the myofascial balance. An integral part of structure we all know the agonizing effects of incorrect mechanics when it doesn’t work and often fail to appreciate the wonderfully adaptive job it does when the vertebrae are allowed to ‘float’.
We will look at the actions available at each of the sections (lumbar, thoracic and cervical) of the spine and how they may lead to certain dysfunctional patterns. By putting the spine into context with the surrounding structures we can better understand the reasons for its limitations and its wondrous abilities.
Once we explain the logic pattern the soft-tissue patterns that surround the spine then through the assessment and learning our techniques for freeing and balancing them you will be able to address many structural and functional issues in the spine.
You will be able to treat the following:
- balancing lordosis and kyphosis
- lateral curvatures
- rotations (and opposite rotations)
- supporting structures at the front and back of the spine
- balancing the spinal column with respect to the cervical spine and the sacrum
- 08:30 - 09:00: Registration with coffee and tea