31 March 2023 (2 days)
- 31-03-2023: 09:00 - 17:30
- 01-04-2023: 09:00 - 17:30
- Het Omnium
- Bart van Buchem MSc
24 points (Pro-Q-Kine)23 points (Kwaliteitshuis Fysiotherapie Vakinhoudelijk algemeen)23 points (Kwaliteitshuis Fysiotherapie Sportfysiotherapie)23 points (Kwaliteitshuis Fysiotherapie Manueelfysiotherapie)23 points (Kwaliteitshuis Fysiotherapie Psychosomatische fysiotherapie)
In a world experiencing an epidemic of chronic pain and increasing evidence of the failure of synthetic drugs, simple but extremely powerful educational tools can effectively target the natural pain treatment systems within us all.
Who is behind the Explain Pain course?
Knowledge is power. In the new series of Explain Pain courses delivered by NOI instructor Bart van Buchem MSc in the Netherlands and Belgium, contemporary pain sciences are made accessible and understandable for all in this course developed by David Butler and Professor Lorimer Moseley. In the Netherlands we are offering courses at the beautiful location De Roos in Amsterdam, located in Amsterdam Oud Zuid looking over the Vondelpark, and at het Omnium Groningen, the new topsport centre in Groningen and a collaboration between several stakeholders. In Belgium we have a long standing collaboration with Studio Pili in Antwerp (Boechout), where you are greeted with a personal touch and a warm atmosphere.
We know more about pain in the last twenty years than in the thousand years before and it’s all providing answers to “why do I hurt the way I do” and “what can I do about it”. The knowledge is applicable to young and old, from back pain to hemiplegia and general aching to the complexities of phantom pain and complex regional pain syndrome.
Explain Pain works to reduce catastrophising and negative pain beliefs and when combined with active treatment, reduces pain and enhances return to work and play. Explain Pain has no side effects, is available around the clock, and you can share the knowledge and strategies with others.
Don’t miss this opportunity. NOI Explain Pain courses are fun, intellectually stimulating, based on evidence, always challenging, and integrate the Explain Pain ecosystem of Explain Pain, The Explain Pain Handbook: Protectometer, and Explain Pain Supercharged. You will come away with the most impressive therapeutic tool set ever!
What are the prerequisites to join the Explain Pain Courses?
A strength of the Explain Pain course is that participants come from many professions, so come with an open mind. Our courses are accredited by several professional organisations such as KNGF KRF-NL (several registers), Keurmerk (SKF), and Pro-Q-Kine (PQK). The latest addition is ADAP.
How can I best prepare for the Explain Pain Course?
Who can join Explain Pain courses?
Health professionals working with patients or clients in acute and chronic pain and stress states.
What will you learn during the Explain Pain Course?
By the end of this course participants will have:
- Reconceptualised pain and stress based on neuroimmunology, modern pain sciences and bioplasticity of homeostatic systems
- Constructed a conceptual change framework to deliver individual and group educational therapy
- Gained an understanding of the growing evidence for Explain Pain and recognise opportunities to integrate Explain Pain with other biopsychosocial evidence based strategies.
- Gathered a collection of therapeutic narratives using metaphor, literal story and linked multimedia, and the skills to construct patient centred education interventions in real time
- Developed the skills to use the Protectometer to identify immediately applicable and educationally informed multimodal treatment strategies
- Built the confidence to plan and deliver treatment for all patients with persistent pain and stress, and educate other stakeholders
Would you rather complete the course online?
- 00:00 - 00:00: Registration with coffee and tea